Re: 3D Viewer crushes whole KiCAD with this file

There were numerous issues with the file; many were due to kicad's very
limited vrml feature implementation and the original vrml file also had
its issues such as "USE" being employed before a "DEF".

appearance DEF Appearance{} doesn't appear to be supported (but
don't trust me on that; I didn't check that carefully) so the model had
to be changed to:

appearance Appearance {
material DEF SOMENAME Material {

Scaling seems to be an issue. There are possibly many other formatting
nuances but I have no time to investigate. The use of nested
Transforms seems to be an issue even though those transforms are
unity transforms.

The troubleshooting is made especially difficult by the numerous
silent failures; you really can't make sense of what's happening
without looking deep into the code and spending a lot of time
creating simple VRML files to test what works and what doesn't.

Anyway, I have attached a zip of the mutated file which is
displayed by KiCad.

- Cirilo