Re: Global fp-lib-table path

> I thought default fp-lib-table files that ship with the default
> libraries are correct.  Are there libraries missing from the table?  If
> so, that needs to be fixed.

The official fp-lib-table.for-github and fp-lib-table.for-pretty are kept
in sync with the .pretty repositories at https://github.com/KiCad. If a
repo is not included in the fp-lib-tables, it's because it's not meant to
be used. For example, I added a repo minutes ago which was empty
beforehand, thus it would have caused an error during loading.

> And, there have been lengthy discussion whether you want to use github
libraries or not.
> I don’t… I like to know that the parts I order will fit the PCB at first
try.

We librarians are doing our best to have the highest quality libraries. We
approve every pull request. If your fp-lib-table is filled with official
.pretty repos, you can be confident as long as you are using the right
footprint with the right part. That being said, if you find an issue,
please open a ticket on Github or create a pull request with the fix.

Carl Poirier