Re: 3D Viewer crushes whole KiCAD with this file

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> COPYRIGHT.txt was meant to be a convenience for devs to copy and paste
> the license into new source files.  If it doesn't match what is in our
> source files then we should update COPYRIGHT.txt accordingly.  I thought
> it was the same but if not I will update it when I get a chance.

COPYRIGHT.txt contains a GPL2-only header. I hope nobody is taking
that and pasting it into source files, because that would essentially
make distribution of KiCad binaries illegal, since there would be a
mix of GPL2-only, GPL2+ and GPL3+ code used to make them. GPL2-only
code can only be linked with other GPL2-only code.

Cheers,

Javier