Re: Announcing work on providing windows nightlies

On 3/12/2015 1:26 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:

> Den 12/03/2015 18.16 skrev "Wayne Stambaugh" <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>>:
>>

>> On 3/12/2015 12:00 PM, Jonatas wrote:
>> > Great job,
>> >
>> > Last week I made a compilation test using own msys2 64bis packages
>> > (mingw_x86_64 *). He did compile kicad in 64bis successfully. Not tested
>> > it working yet, but the interface opens normally.
>> >
>> > It will be great to have build night of windows. Compiling from source
>> > is painful and takes time.
>> >
>> > I suggest you have the binary version of the 64bit kicad. Currently
>> > kicad-WinBuilder makes only 32 bits of binary of kicad.
>> >
>> > greetings,
>> >
>> > Jonatas Evaristo
>> > Electronic Engineer

> <mailto:oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx>
>> > <mailto:oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx>>>:
>> >
>> >     Greetings
>> >
>> >     Just to announce it for the people interested: Windows nightlies
>> >     should soon be a reality.
>> >
>> >     A week or so ago I started looking into packaging the windows builds
>> >     that was created in MSYS2, where I made a script and upgraded
> the NSIS
>> >     install script to make it work together, including python scripting.
>> >     This currently seems to work. My work is currently hosted on
> [2], but
>> >     I will try to merge it with [1] soon. I have stashed some builds on
>> >     [3], that interested people can try out. Be aware that they are in
>> >     testing, but feedback would be appreciated.
>> >
>> >     I discovered that Brian Sidebotham was looking into making the kicad
>> >     winbuilder use MSYS2, so I am working together with Brian Sidebotham
>> >     on upgrading the kicad winbuilder to use the MSYS2 environment,
> which
>> >     should ease the creation of the toolchain and the dependencies. This
>> >     work is currently on [1].
>>
>> FYI.  Using the msys2/mingw64 builds of wxWidgets 3.0.2-3, wxWidgets is
>> compiled with -std=gnu++11 which breaks the KiCad build.  I'm guessing
>> that KiCad will build with the -std=gnu++11 option but I haven't tried
>> it yet.  I filed a bug report so I'm guessing it will be fixed soon so
>> you may run into problems.  You can always downgrade the wxWidgets
>> package to 3.0.2-2.
>
> I have not experinced any compilation issues, although I would like to
> use the new docs from ciampix repo and get the GUI translations in an
> more lightweight repo, for example in the new doc repo or even a
> standalone git repo. I am able to split the repo and keep comnit history.
>
> Byt maybe I am just not on -3. I will have a look later.

It was just pushed to the repo yesterday so if you haven't upgraded in
the last day or so, your still using -2.  I just tried to compile KiCad
using -3 with -std=gnu++11 and now it's choking on boost.  Do yourself a
favor an do not upgrade until -4 is released.