Re: Bob's Mac Usability Problems

On 04/02/2015 09:05 AM, Andy Peters wrote:
On Apr 2, 2015, at 1:24 AM, Piotr Esden-Tempski <piotr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am using a 5k IMac with a standard PC logitech mouse. I have the nightly build 5547 installed.

I do not experience any problems with zooming in GAL. (Besides the already reported bug with the F2 button) What I do experience is the lack of rats nest. Sometimes when zooming there is a remainder of a short rats nest wire but that is basically it.
I use a Kensington Expert Mouse (read: best pointing device EVER, all others just suck) with my desktop Mac (and the work PC). I mapped one of the buttons to be the middle mouse button. It works well.

I'm not at my MacBook Pro, but I could swear that there is a way to set up a modifier key/mouse click combination to  emulate the middle button. I'll check later.

I also have the GAL rats-nest issue Piotr mentions.

The graphics program Blender uses modifier key/mouse click combinations.
See:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Interface/Keyboard_and_Mouse

The following table shows the combos used:
	2-button Mouse 	Apple Mouse
LMB Template-LMB.png 	LMB Template-LMB.png 	LMB Template-LMB.png (mouse button)
MMB Template-MMB.png 	AltLMB Template-LMB.png 	⌥ OptLMB Template-LMB.png (Option/Alt key + mouse button)
RMB Template-RMB.png 	RMB Template-RMB.png 	⌘ CmdLMB Template-LMB.png (Command/Apple key + mouse button)

Unfortunately for me, these don't work with KiCad on a trackpad or magic
mouse equipped Mac OSX 10.10.2

( With the command key down and rubbing the magic mouse lightly in any
direction, a chip footprint can be panned to the left and back to center
on pcbnew. No modifier key combo seems to enable up down panning.)

With the option key down, mouse motions draw an outline box - perhaps a
group select command.

Thanks for all your comments. Bob G