Re: Plans for update Boost?

>> Outdated, yes. Problem is, the bug we work around apparently isn't fixed
>> in more recent versions.

>It hasn't even been fixed in 1.58 :(  JP already tested it.  It's been
>over two years since the original bug report.  The Boost devs don't seem
>to be interested in fixing it.

I was trying to understand a bit more of boost, in my case, related with polygon/geometry stuff.
What I found is that boost have two "libraries" to deal with polygons: The boost::polygon (the one that kicad is using) and a more general boost::geometry.
>From what I understand, it seems that boost is moving to the boost::geometry and they keep the boost::polygon for legacy proposes. So I believe they will not give much attention to the boost::polygon
I am probably not 100% correct, maybe someone correct me.
But I looked for the boost::geometry and found they add lots of more features now since 1.54 .. that I am explore it now.

I like the idea to split the boost from kicad building, linux users will appreciate it ;)

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro