Re: PNS diferential pair netnames update

Hi,

On 30.06.2015 01:20, Chris Pavlina wrote:

> I'd happily implement the net tagging, though it'd require a bit of
> brainstorming from everyone on how those tags should be stored and
> shared with pcbnew.

I think it belongs in the netlist.

Ideally, I'd like this as attributes on the component pins, and then
either inherited directly or at least verified by the ERC.

For the "parallel to" and "voltage relative to" ERC extensions I already
need an optional attribute that references another pin, so adding a
"differential pair with" attribute on top of that wouldn't be too difficult.

This could easily be taken over into the nets attached to the pins,
provided there are no conflicts, or manually set as net attributes by
the user (needs more UI, but avoids conflict resolution) and then
verified by ERC.

On one hand I like the idea of attaching pseudo components to the nets
to add attributes, but some users might think of them as visual clutter.

   Simon