Re: PNS diferential pair netnames update

Hi,

On 30.06.2015 20:58, Andy Peters wrote:

> Some micro vendors offer peripheral configuration tools which set up the chip per user needs. If that configuration could be imported, then the user doesn’t really need to do any work at all.

For FPGAs, I wanted to go the route of exporting the mapping from KiCad
back into the FPGA toolchain, because it is probably easier to handle
swapping pins during routing that way. But eventually, both directions
should be supported.

> FPGAs don’t have standard peripherals but the ability to edit pins for directional/type and give them a meaningful name would be welcome.

The pin name should still be "IOnnn" or "DIFFIOnnn+" or something such,
otherwise the mapping cannot be seen in the schematic anymore.

> I recognize that there’s the small matter of programming necessary to make this all happen.

Indeed. But there are reasons why the pin table has such an open-ended
design, and allows collapsing on pin number.

   Simon