Re: Zoom vs Help

> On Jul 6, 2015, at 8:17 AM, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> So, any thoughts, OS X folks?  It would be nice if the canvas switching had hotkeys that worked out of the box.
>>>
>>> Garth
>>
>> Here’s a patch to use Alt-F9,Alt-F11,Alt-F12 on OS X.  Please apply if others agree.
>>

>> <osx_canvas_hotkeys.patch>
>
> Oh, those alt-keys are perfectly fine for me.

And replying to myself:

Macs have the “fn” key which is just another modifier key. Its primary use is on laptop keyboards, where the top row Function keys have various defined uses such as display brightness, open Mission Control and Launchpad, audio volume up and down. By default, the function keys perform those “alternate” functions (which means they’re not really alternate, but …). That can be changed in the Keyboard Preferences (“Use All F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys”). How many users change that preference? I have no idea. But it might be worth mentioning this in the documentation somewhere in case a user starts banging on the keyboard saying “THIS DOESN’T WORK!"

I am glad to help out with docs. If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I’ll do what I can.

-a