Re: kicad StepUp 3D kicad board and models to STEP

For anyone who is maintaining this script,

This script is awesome!  I just ran it on a board I’m developing and (after a little fiddling a couple components) the Kicad and FreeCAD models are 100% identical as far as measurement and 99% identical in terms of color.  I don’t think the Kicad IDF export honors the solder mask color.

The only issue I ran across was when placing multipart models.  The first was placed correctly, the rest were left at the origin.  After applying the same offsets and rotations manually, everything lined up great.

Thanks.  This is going to make enclosure design so much easier.

JPEG image

JPEG image