Re: Stable release

On 7/10/2015 6:04 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:

>>> I hereby attach my patch, please consider it.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Nick Østergaard
>>>

>> I managed to make a mess of this again.  It appears that I must have
>> been making changes to the CMake files which was forcing the version
>> header file to get rebuilt.  I did not fix the original issue of
>> updating the version header when the repo version was updated.  I just
>> committed a fix which actually works (I hope).  Please refactor your
>> patch accordingly.  It should be fairly trivial.  Sorry about the mistake.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Wayne
>
> I just tried to uplevel the patch, but I noticed that your latest
> commit does not seem to work. I don't get a version.h file by doing a
> regular cmake ../kicad-source

This is correct.  Run make and see what happens when the common library
dependencies are resolved.  This was always the problem.  The version
header has to be check and updated or created every time make is run.
Otherwise it only gets run when cmake or make rebuild_cache (which
reruns the config with the previous settings) is run.