Re: you can say that it is something unimportant

On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 12:32:30PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> Gettext has a way to handle it using the "context":

> I just filed a bug report.
>
> Hope someone will find a way to resolve it...

Indeed there is a whole section in the gettext utilities manual (and
some of that is in the glibc gettext reference too) on how to handle
these peculiarities. Positional strings for sprintf (instead of
concatenation) solve many of them (section 4.3 Preparing translatable
strings). Other useful resources are contexts (already mentioned,
subsection 11.2.5 Contexts) and the ngettext function which handles
plural forms (subsection 11.2.6 Additional functions for plural forms).

These last two are a GNU gettext extension so I'd check for their
availability under wx...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl