Re: Packaging the python footprint wizards for the release

> On 28 Sep 2015, at 22:37, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 9/28/2015 2:56 PM, LordBlick wrote:
>> Stambaugh:
>>> Maybe we should put the python scripts in share/kicad/scripting/python
>> +1
>> Also with minimum, add ${HOME}/.local/share/kicad/scripting/python
>> here.
> This would be something the user would have to do.  Installer packages
> will always install in the preferred install path where all users have
> access.  Maybe one of the scripting devs can look at the kicad python
> scripting code and add the user path to the python paths.  Of course you
> could always configure python to look in your user path(s) as well.

Hmm… why does kicadplugins.i then configure paths
for Linux?

Should this be removed then?
Just asking, because situation is (or, will get) similar for OS X… there is one “installation path” for everything shipped with the application (in the application bundle) and probably one where users want store their own stuff.

Is the
def LoadPlugins( plugpath ):
plugpath parameter the only path we should search for plugins?
Or, can/should we define additional default paths inside LoadPlugins?
As far as I can see after a quick check in the OS X world plugpath is set hard to the user scripting folder somewhere in $HOME.
The default path for everything shipped inside the application bundle is not set at all.

Regards,
Bernhard