Re: Survey: what is the oldest PC machine that you currently use to work/develop?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 08:54:42AM +0000, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
> Hello all,
> since you are all talking about specs to run kicad...
> Just let you know some time ago I made a small survey [1] in two electronic forum asking what are the oldest PC machine that people are still using in their projects.
> Here is a list of that old machines:

[..]

> I asked only for machines older than 5..7 years.
> Some one also pointed me that there are people running kicad in a RPi :)

My dev/work/all machine is relatively new (laptop i5 mobile 3rd gen.) but
with a little display: 1366x768 with Ubuntu that takes away the upper bar
(the left bar could be hidden)

In the high school where I work (and worked) almost _all_ projectors are
1024x768 and that could be limiting for doing a demo/presentation (but
higher resolutions could be scaled with some blurriness though)

There are many (50% percent) dual core 2GB RAM/Pentium IV 1GB RAM still
around in class/labs...

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |