Re: Boost 1.59 and MinGW build errors.

On 10/20/2015 11:57 AM, Mark Roszko wrote:
> Horrible news! In June, they decided to add "mingw" support to
> boost::context. Wait what
> does that even mean if we were compiling with it before hand? Hah who
> knows, its boost.

This is why building KiCad on MinGW using Boost 1.58 or earlier requires
this patch:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-product-committers/kicad/product/view/head:/patches/boost_mingw.patch

As of 1.59.0, a modified version of these patches was added to Boost.
The 32 bit version seems to work fine.  The 64 bit version causes Pcbnew
to crash on launch.  I'm not sure if it's an issue with KiCad or Boost.
 Although I can say with complete confidence that I am getting tired of
chasing Boost issues.  I beginning to wonder if what we gain by using
boost is worth the effort.

> boost::context commit:
> https://github.com/boostorg/context/commit/fcb2283c76b93dc4e8cc14f7c358cb9ccfeb82e3
>
> *cough* probably broke it

Update:  My pull request [1] to fix the uuid MinGW compile bug was
committed and the updated msys2 boost packages 1.59.0-2 have been built
so you should be able to run pacman -Syu and build KiCad again on
msys2/mingw.

[1] https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/pull/846