Re: [rfc patch] replace avhttp with libcurl

With all due respect.... this is /dumb/. You want our software to go downloading things without verifying their origin? Do you /really/ trust the quality of our code to the point where you're going to risk it being a vector for things like arbitrary executions on our watch? It's not 1995 anymore. /Everything/ on the internet should be done with verified security. There are so, SO many ways to exploit insecure connections.

I don't know about you, but I've /seen/ kicad's code, and I do not trust it to handle things downloaded from arbitrary, unverified locations without having at least a look over what's been downloaded.

> For Github, https links are used just because http links do not exist.
> This is the only one reason.

There is a REASON for this.