Re: [patch] default kicad_common to environment variables

As a packager, you get good control over what happens. Solving this
problem could be done with a batch file:

@ECHO OFF

IF "%KISYSMOD%"=="" SET KISYSMOD=%~dp0\..\share\kicad\modules
IF "%KISYS3DMOD%"=="" SET KISYS3DMOD=%~dp0\..\share\kicad\modules\packages3d

start kicad.exe

which fixes the Windows install wherever it's been installed with the
desktop shortcut and start menu items needing the bat file reference
instead of the kicad executable. You'd just have to figure out setting
the icon of the shortcut now because it won't be the KiCad icon, but
you should be able to create a shortcut using the exe as an icon
reference.

Anyway, good luck!

Brian.