Re: [rfc patch] replace avhttp with libcurl

I had the same problem as JP with the CA certs using a msys1/mingw32
build.  I tried using the CURL_CA_BUNDLE environment variable but that
didn't seem to help.  I cannot tell where libcurl is looking for the
certs and I even tried use curl --capath to point to the path to known
good certs and that didn't work either.  I did notice that the msys2
package for curl is heavily patched so it may be that the unpatched
version that I built and installed does not work.  This could be an
issue as there may be devs out there still using the old msys1 as their
development platform on windows.  Unlike JP, I did not have any issues
with my msys2/mingw32 build.  That worked fine.  I am concerned about
how well this will work in windows packages if libcurl is so path
sensitive.  Before I consider committing it, I need one of our windows
packagers to create a windows installer with it to make sure the certs
can be found no matter where it is installed on the system.  Please
consider adding a build configuration option initially rather than
completely kicking avhttp to the curb.  I would prefer to have a known
fallback in case something goes wrong.