Re: [rfc patch] replace avhttp with libcurl

On 12/8/2015 4:39 PM, Mark Roszko wrote:
>> I had the same problem as JP with the CA certs using a msys1/mingw32
> build.
>
> Ah, you see, I was assuming JP was using msys2 not 1. I'll see if I
> can even find the msys1 installer anywhere.
>
>> That worked fine. I am concerned about how well this will work in windows packages if libcurl is so path sensitive.
>
> msys2 patches curl so it looks "above" the bin folder and then down
> into /ssl/certs of the executable. Since we keep the path structure in
> the installed kicad. I'll give Nick the modifications to NSIS to
> install as such.
>
>> Please consider adding a build configuration option initially rather than completely kicking avhttp to the curb. I would prefer to have a known fallback in case something goes wrong.
>
> But that's what source control is for.....

I'll wait to see the outcome of the packaged versions before I make a
final decision on this.  If it works on all platforms without the user
having to jump through configuration hoops to get it to work, then I'm
fine with kicking avhttp to the curb and using libcurl.  If not, we will
have to make it a build option.