Re: [rfc] actual sexpression parsing

So any actual comments on what I did in the commit I linked originally
in the first email?

>Still keep proposing mandatory quotes for strings :D completely backward
compatible.

Well yea....my generator class does that all the time. Unless you
define a symbol explicitly, all strings are always quoted.

>Can of worm warning! Be careful since going out-of-ASCII is not so
>simple for some formats. Case in point, IPC is ASCII strict and SPECCTRA
>has it's own things for quoting. IIRC there are special cases in the
>sexp code for handling SPECCTRA idiosyncrasies.

Well yea, I am aware of the particular behaviors it has, I've gone
through what kicad does before I came rage posting.

>Also generators. printf doesn't quite feel right. In C++ << is
overloaded for stream and called 'insertion operator', it would fit into
place for building sexps.

I already have those overloads :P

roughly
SEXPR_LIST << 10 << "string thing" << OUTPUT_SYMBOL("symbol") << 4.0;