Re: GCC and C++14

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 12:55:50PM +0100, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> @Lorenzo, but what version of clang do you use?

I'm not a clang user but I notice that often there are patches submitted
for clang peculiarities (in fact often these patches give better code
quality:D).

I'd say that C++11 these days is a good choice, especially if you don't
use the more obscure feature (like the move semantic and the related
rvalue references). I personally think that the new lambdas are a joke,
but, for example, nullptr and the override keyword are good and useful.
The new 'implicit' for is cute (even if only a little more than
syntactic sugar, probably...)

Maybe they even got constexpr right. I don't remember *for what* but one
time I wondered it would be useful for something in kicad...

Other than that, templates are *still* horribly complicated and slow to
compile :(

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
CZ Srl - Parma