wxDC GAL (Re: Grid in GAL canvas)

Hi,

>>It will not be deprecated until we have one for one feature parity
>>between the canvases and we can get by without it on all supported
>>platforms. AFAIK, Tom is working on a wxDC gal implementation which
>>should eliminate the second part. If this happens before the next
>>release, then there is no reason to continue to support the legacy canvas.

Is this a new decision? I thought that wxDC is not that much interesting, because it uses deprecated functions and is problematic on some platforms.

I did an wxDC implementation, this was my last work on the GAL and then Orson continued it and he should know this implementation.

You can find the code here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-product-committers/kicad/kicad-gal/files/head:/gal/wxdc/

Funny that this is almost 4 years old :)

That could be helpful for Tom.

Thanks,
Torsten