Re: Discussion: Hidden Pins, Net labels

Hi, Simon!

On 2016-02-11 17:07, Simon Richter wrote:
> For bypass caps, I'd like to have a way to map pins and capacitors to
> each other, which would change the rules for airwires so nearer pads are
> ignored in favour of the connection to the bypass cap.

That would be great... 1:1/1:n pin associations.

> This needs more
> thought however; my current line of thinking is to have special
> connections between pads

Yes: hints for airwire-priority / routing topology.

> that can only be connected directly,
> so aconnection that visits another pad doesn't count.

No: I want to have the freedom to decide in the layout how
I want to mess up my design or not. No blocking rules in my
way, please.
Hints/Warnings are off course welcome
(max. 1 click extra to acknowledge).

I started to add pin numbers of a big chip to single blocking caps
or sets of caps + ferrite beads in the schematics.

The next wish rises here: Assisted/automatic net-naming:
+3.3V -> Ferrite Bead -> +3.3V* -> Component_with_RefDes
where +3.3V* should unfold to +3.3V_RefDes.PinNumber(s) on Mouse-Over...

Ok, lots of work here... where is the donation box?

Regards,

Clemens