Re: Legacy Canvas Mousewheel Behavior?

> On 01 Mar 2016, at 22:20, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Even without touchpad panning enabled, on windows it works exactly how I
> would expect it to.  I can do both horizontal and vertical 2 finger
> scrolling with the touchpad.
Good.

> When I enable touchpad panning, the mouse
> wheel becomes vertical scroll instead of zoom irregardless of the shift
> or control key state.  Vertical and horizontal touchpad scrolling still
Yes, that’s how it supposed to be.

Wheel normally has axis=vertical, so it scrolls vertical.
With a touchpad and 2-finger scroll you just want it to scroll without having
to press any modifier key. That’s why it doesn’t zoom but scroll without
modifier.

> work the same way but now there is no mouse wheel zoom.  This is the
Yes, that’s how it is currently implemented.

If you really want zoom again on wheel/touchpad, I could add to zoom with
ctrl modifier. Shouldn’t be a big deal.
I wouldn’t want to use shift, because you need shift-wheel to simulate
horizontal scroll with a usual mouse in touchpad mode - if it wouldn’t be like
that you would have to switch modes whenever you change devices.
Ah, wait… the shift-wheel probably only works on OS X because of the
previously discussed automatic change of axis (which obviously doesn’t
happen on Windows/Linux).

On OS X you don’t need modifier-touch/wheel for zooming, because you
zoom with pinch-to-zoom gesture (which is unfortunately not yet supported
by wxWidgets on Windows/Linux).

> case for all of the legacy canvases except the 3D viewer which behaves
> as I previously described.  I don't see any setting to enable/disable
That’s good, then touchpad-panning is working as it is supposed to be.

> the touchpad panning in the 3D viewer.
3D viewer doesn’t have a preference dialog, so I added this as first item
in the Preferences menu…

Regards,
Bernhard