Re: Some new sweet features on the new 3D-Viewer

Hi NickOe,

tanks for testing it!

The issues you describe I didn't experienced it yet, would you like to try a latest version?
I am testing on a linux machine and on a windows machine.

What CPU do you have?

On Raytracing, complex boards will take about 10seconds per CPU core just for rendering, it means if you have more cores it should take less. (depending also on the resolution)

Regarding the load times, I was expecting the same or faster (it should be faster in the future even more).

> I have also noticed that there are not holes rendered in the solder
> paste in the opengl view.

(I believe you mean solder mask ?)

Since I received lots of requests (you and Maurice :P)
I implemented that feature (on solder mask) in my latest commit.

I was not very clear on if / how should I implemented the holes of the vias.

Since there is no information to remove solder mask, that in the fab. will be "tented" vias.
I leave it as discussion.Maybe I can add an option to remove it or not... but at moment it is by default implemented.

There is an issue with that.. this is only work (at moment?) with THT vias.
So it will not remove if it is a "micro via" between B_Cu/F_Cu and a inner layer.

Hope advanced users that develop multilayer boards dont request it much! :P

Let me know when you try the latest updates...

Mario Luzeiro