Re: 3D plugin for STEP/IGES via OCE

I have no authority in what happens, nor should you necessary take my advice, of course, but it might be wise to carefully consider how you want to store large binary data in git.

If the diffs do not make sense, and are large, then you are using version control about as inefficiently as you possibly can, and your fetch (part of pull) operation is going to get huge, fast.

One of the solutions for this (one at random that comes to mind, not endorsing it) is git-annex.

The time to think about this, IMHO, is before you create the repo.