Re: Question about const SHAPE_LINE_CHAIN Outline() const

Le 06/04/2016 11:59, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
> On 04.04.2016 14:15, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>> On 04/04/2016 01:39 PM, jp charras wrote:
>>> Sorry if you already sent me a response to this "old" message (first posted on feb 05)
>>> but I did not remember this response.
>
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> If you mean this code in your patch:
>
> SHAPE_RECT::Outline()
>
> - rv.Append( m_p0 );
> -        rv.Append( m_p0.x, m_p0.y + m_w );
> -        rv.Append( m_p0.x + m_h, m_p0.y + m_w );
> -        rv.Append( m_p0.x + m_h, m_p0.y );
> +        rv.Append( m_p0.x, m_p0.y + m_h );
> +        rv.Append( m_p0.x + m_w, m_p0.y + m_h );
> +        rv.Append( m_p0.x + m_w, m_p0.y );
>
> It's OK - there was indeed a bug.
>
> Speaking of the pads patch - I didn't have the time to review the whole
> pads patch yet. I like very much the rounded rectangle pads, but IMHO
> allowing any arbitrary pad shape (including non-convex shapes) is not
> the best way to go. I would rather think about enabling graphical
> primitives on copper layers and define how they get their nets (e.g.
> inherit them from a given pad of the "parent" footprint). This would not
> only deal with custom pad shapes but also enable things like parametric
> microwave components.
>
> I'll post a proposal & a review of the patch as soon as I can.
>
> Tom

Thanks.
Your solution is obviously more powerful, but involves much more work.
Just note for  arbitrary pad shapes, I use a convex hull to calculate clearance areas.

I'll try to prepare a patch to add rounded rect pads (now mature) only (and add arbitrary pad shapes
later).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS