Re: Bitmap fonts (+ dotted grid)

Le 03/05/2016 à 15:56, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
> On 05/02/2016 06:33 PM, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 02/05/2016 à 17:16, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
>>> As noone had opposed the changes, I have just merged the bitmap fonts
>>> branch.
>>>
>>> As a small bonus, we have also added an option to switch to dotted grid
>>> in GAL (thanks to Tom for refactoring the grid drawing routine).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Orson
>>
>> A lot of work! Thanks to Tomasz and you.
>>
>> After a fast and short test, the change looks good.
>>
>> However, I noticed 2 issues (W7 32 bits on msys2):
>> - The grid is not visible on OpenGL, but is visible on Cairo.
>> - I can switch between legacy and Cairo, as long I not switched to OpenGL, but if I switch to Cairo
>> from OpenGL, or from legacy after having previously switched to Opengl, Pcbnew crashes.
>
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> Is grid invisible in both modes (lines & dots)?

How to change the mode ?

Nevertheless, the dot grid is not displayed when using wxWidgets 3.1, and it is displayed when using
wxWidgets 3.0.2.
I never see issues previously with lines.

> Would you send me a backtrace? I cannot make it crash on W7_64/msys2.

Unfortunately, the bt is small:
When switching from OpenGL to cairo:
#0  0x77293c4d in ntdll!DbgBreakPoint () from C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#1  0x772febef in ntdll!DbgUiRemoteBreakin ()
   from C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#2  0x29813028 in ?? ()
#3  0x75b0ef1c in KERNEL32!BaseThreadInitThunk ()
   from C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll
#4  0x772c3648 in ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain ()
   from C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#5  0x772c361b in ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain ()
   from C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#6  0x00000000 in ?? ()

And when existing in legacy mode (after using Opengl mode):
#0  0x5628ae51 in ?? () from C:\Windows\system32\ig4icd32.dll
Backtrace stopped: Cannot access memory at address 0x3

More strange, when starting pcbnew (Debug build) in legacy mode and switching to Cairo more:
- crash if running under gdb (giving the same backtrace as when switching from OpenGL to cairo,
therefore this bt is perhaps due only to switching to cairo on gdb).
- does no crash when running without gdb.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS