Re: OSX testing of 2016-07-05 BZR 6968

Le 07/07/2016 à 15:52, Bob Gustafson a écrit :
> Ahh - use the coordinates - I never did that - will have to try the next time I lose my board.
>
> Rather than hard-wiring a paper size into the pcb to determine viewing limits, I was thinking of
> having KiCad use the dimensions of the board as the limits. I don't see any value in viewing empty
> space off the edge of the board.

Fit to screen uses the board size.

You *need*  viewing (and using) empty space off the edge of the board in many cases:
- when loading a netlist, new footprints are loaded. Obviously outside the board limits.
- when you create (board size not known) or enlarge an existing footprint
- when temporary moving a component (or a group of footprints) outside the current board area during
edition

There are certainly many other cases.
Moreover, I am thinking (because fit on screen exists) viewing should not be limited (in fact
roughly limited to -1 meter to +1 meter, which is the min and max coordinate values which can be
handled by a 32 bit integer system)

Page limits is mainly useful to print or plot a schematic or a board.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS