Re: OCE plugin for 3D viewer

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 5:25 AM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Cirilo,
>
> Someone still needs to address building oce on msys2.  I just spent way
> too much time building oce from source on msys2.  The oce folks decided
> to ignore CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and use there own install path stuff
> which is is not compatible with the msys2 file system hierarchy.  The
> bad thing is you cannot manually copy the dlls and link stub files to
> the appropriate paths because the generated cmake oce find stuff will
> point to the incorrect paths.  To create PKGBUILD for msys2 will require
> JP's patch to fix long command lengths along with a patch to fix oce's
> install path issues.  If someone else has time to work on this please do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wayne

Nick's been doing all the hard work on OCE + MSYS2 issues; I'm pretty
awful at working within MSYS2 and it doesn't help that the MSYS2
ecosystem is frequently broken. I was finally able to build OCE and
the plugins on MSYS2 about a week ago only to discover catastrophic ABI
incompatibilities between wxWidgets and the newly compiled software.
I have no doubt these issues will be resolved before the next release
thank's to Nick's persistence, and I keep in touch on IRC and try to
help out however I can. Having the code in the main branch is a huge
help though; some OSX devs in particular had been cursing me due to
numerous problems with building the plugin out of the tree but building
the same code from within the kicad tree was painless.

- Cirilo