Re: announcing eeshow (schematics renderer and viewer)

Eldar Khayrullin wrote:
> Some other issue with space between label and wire:

Yes, text sizing and spacing is one of the darker areas. Eeschema,
Cairo, Pango, and XFig each have own ideas about fonts and how
they are to be rendered, and many details aren't really documented.

If you look at the code, you'll see little quirks and fudge factors
all over the text handling.

I added a small adjustment that seems to improve things:
https://neo900.org/git?p=eeshow;a=commit;h=4fde8d6eb13ef44e6865576e7e59f9b20680a2d3

As a long-term solution to all the text rendering blues, I'll have
to have a look at Eeschema's font handling, and try to copy that,
ideally using Cairo's fast rendering mechanism. But that needs
further research ...

For now, exactly matching the text rendering of Eeschema isn't
really possible. My goal is to render everything such that it's
recognizable (for review) and is suitable as input for diffs.

- Werner