Re: pcbnew - enable editing of associated net for tracks&vias

Le 10/10/2016 à 14:59, "Torsten Hüter" a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> I have done several designs with KiCad and stitch vias. The simplest way for me is to create a
> module with a single through hole pad.
> I've even written a python script to automate the placement of these stitch vias (see the mailing
> list archive). That was never a big problem and works well with the stable KiCad version, no issues
> with zone filling or net calculations.

Yes, I tried it and it works.

> I'm guessing that Altium PCB using a special primitive for stitch vias as well.
> See http://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/Via+Stitching
>
> Only blind vias or burried vias are not possible when using a single pad module; Altium uses the
> start and end layer as attribute for these purposes.

It could be worth to also use some attribute to group stitching vias in Kicad.
In fact, as I previously wrote, defining how "stitching vias" are managed is the first work to do.
(the more basic way is to use the time stamp to group vias, but this is a very basic management, but
at least it allows placing/removing a group of vias)

Blind vias or buried vias could be possible when using a single pad module, because pads have a
layer mask to define the copper layers where they live,.
However, pad dialog properties does not handle "buried pads", but most of pad functions should
support them.