Re: pcbnew - enable editing of associated net for tracks&vias

Wayne,

This sound very resonable and I am totally with you that the proposed solutions have their drawbacks like the currently implemented one. Actually I would love to see a perfectly working connection recognition algorithm like Tomasz suggested (if I got him correctly) but I guess we all agree that although this solution would be the best, it will mostlikely the solution taking the most time. Additionally I assume nobody can garantee that a new solution will cover every single case perfectly.

I think you made there a very important comment regarding "power users" vs "careful users" and I totally see your point. What do you think about adding an option which defaults to the current behavior (apperently floating elements are set as unassigned) and a "let me shoot my self if i want to" option which leaves the label of floating elements unchanged (maybe adding a warning in the DRC what floating elements exists)? What would be your concern regarding this approach?