Re: [RFC] BOM Editor

Hello Oliver,

One option that I would like is to have a column with package names, rather
than (or in addition to) footprint names. So that
Capacitor_SMD:0805_Handsoldering becomes simply 0805. That is easier for
the stock management and ordering process.

And as others have already observed: a BOM tools sits in the middle of
workflow. The software to prepare our pick & place machine has a BOM
editor. Our ordering/inventory system has a BOM editor too. So what I think
is important is flexible export *and* flexible import. So that changes made
to the BOM can be imported into KiCad and back-annotated in the schematic.

Regards,
Thiadmer