Re: Patch to compile _pcbnew.kiface only once

> Hi Wayne,
>
> if you really want to have this commited soon, I’d suggest to completely
> disable KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES stuff on macOS.
>
> I just had a look at the KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES stuff as it is now and I
> think it is broken anyway (back then when I changed the bundle stuff I just
> took what was already there).
> That’s just a guess, because I never used or tested it… so, if anybody did
> and it really works now, please tell.
>
> I will try to have a look in my spare time, but I can’t promise that this
> will happen any time soon.
> I am very busy with non-KiCAD family things right now and there’s not a lot
> of time left.
>
> As I said in my previous mail, I don’t think that this kind of scripting is
> just a matter of copying some lib around.
> There needs to be some concept/idea how to do this nicely (or, at least
> somewhat user friendly) with app bundles.
>
> How is this done on Windows?
> You also don’t have a global filesystem with one Python there where you just
> copy it into the right place… where does the Windows installer put those
> files and how do you use them from some installed Python? Are there issues
> with library paths of the library dependencies that come with KiCAD when
> used from an external Python?

I am not aware of any issues with it on windows, but I don't really use windows.

People have requested to include pip with the windows install, and
that is done now, so I assume that at least something works.

I am not sure if the user uses the shell inside pcbnew or calls the
python bundled with the installer. The file system layout is basically
as on linux, just inside the install destination folder.