Layer ID enums

Hi,

Can anyone explain if there is a reason why the layer definition enums are
done in the way they are?

Using multiple enums for the "normal" layers and the GAL extra layers is
complicating the code, especially now that I am using the GAL layers for
GerbView, and also working on a color theme manager that will be shared
across applications.

It would make more sense to me if there was a single large enum that
contained all possible layers, with some offset somewhere to separate the
"drawing" layers from the "GAL item" layers. This would simplify code that
needs to refer to layer IDs across multiple applications.

Would anyone be opposed to this?

-Jon

Follow ups