Re: Question about VIEW_GROUP drawing

Orson, zostaw jakies bugi dla mnie :p btw. Co mulilo opengl? :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Maciej Suminski <maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx>
Date: 12/03/2017 22:10 (GMT+01:00)
To: KiCad Developers <kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Question about VIEW_GROUP drawing

Hi Jon,

Wow, the progress on gerbview is amazing. I must admit this is the first
time I compiled it, but it works quite well.

For SELECTION class ViewBBox() is overridden. It computes the bounding
box size depending on its contents. Apart from that, SELECTION object is
added to VIEW during SELECTION_TOOL initialization, without any objects
inside, so the bounding box is not calculated properly. It is also never
updated, therefore you see the selected objects randomly.

You were simply unlucky, as the bug was introduced in the master branch
(dda51ab5) and resolved a few commits later (cc3d79f9). Probably
rebasing your code on the current master will cure the problem. If it is
not the case, please let me know and I will investigate it further.

Recently I have also found the reason why OpenGL was going much slower
than expected. It is fixed now (737dc204), so there is another another
reason to rebase the code.

Thank you for your work on KiCad, we really appreciate it!

Regards,
Orson