Re: [QUESTION] Multiple symbols in .sweet format

> On May 8, 2017, at 3:47 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 5/8/2017 6:22 PM, Oliver Walters wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is probably best addressed to Wayne, or anyone else who is keenly
>> interested in the new .sweet format.
>>
>> Currently there is a very heated thread on the forums regarding
>> different resistor representations (people have too much time on their
>> hands)
>> - https://forum.kicad.info/t/alternate-resistor-symbol-kicad-evaluation-for-company-use/6310/62
>
> I will refrain from such unnecessary discussions due to lack of time.
> There is absolutely nothing preventing users from using what ever
> resistor symbol they want.  I don't understand the issue.  Just create a
> new resistor symbol and give it a different name than 'R'.  Whether you
> put it in a new library or an existing library seems really doesn't
> matter.  Am I missing something else here?

The bitching is all about what the standard libraries should provide, and underlying it is the notion that the standard libraries should contain every symbol every user could possibly want, because nobody should have to make their own libraries.

And, of course by saying “Just create a new resistor symbol,” you’ll get a bunch of angry users saying, “SEE! The developers don’t listen to us!”

(I hope everyone can read through the facetiousness here.)

Party on, Wayne.

-a