Re: Some tests.

On 19/11/17 16:18, Heikki Pulkkinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can dowload it from:
>
> https://forum.kicad.info/t/testbench-board-for-kicad/1127
>
> I do some more test, and found that new algo would be very fast with my
> parallell zone filling algo, but it get stuck after filled all 128 pours
> below 10 seconds and started to removing insulated areas. Other boards
> just works fine. Maybe it is too good to be true to get results like that.

It's a board that I codesigned a long time ago (the White Rabbit Switch
v3.0) and crudely converted from Altium to Kicad as a performance test.
It's a very pathological test case, including split power planes
converted to many polygons with extremely complex outlines and lots of
tracks not centered on pads/vias (which Altium frequently does).

It takes approx 3 mins to refill all zones on my machine ( i7-4700MQ, 16
GB RAM).

For comparison, two rather complex designs done from scratch in Kicad
take much less time to refill.
- A64-Olinuxino : 17 s
- cible_ccd (JP's project) : 21 s

Heikki, I'm interested in your parallel zone filling algorithm. Do you
have it in your Github?

Tom