Re: Future plans on the KiCad library releases?

Mattijs

I was not being sarcastic.  Here is what I meant:

For stable version 5, the libraries should be tagged and used for all
stable 5 point releases (5.0.1, 5.0.2, ...).  Most corporate users
prefer consistency over having the latest libraries so installing the
next point release of kicad will not change the libraries.

We can also provide updated library packages periodically for users
(assuming our package devs want to do this) who don't want to use git to
keep up with library changes and don't mind the disruption of having
libraries change during a stable release series.  This would be at the
users discretion.

If this is what you are proposing, then we agree.  If not, then we don't
in which case I need to understand what you are proposing before I can
agree to it.

Cheers,

Wayne