Re: Zone fill hangup?

On 02/03/2018 12:40 PM, Steven A. Falco wrote:
> On 02/03/2018 12:28 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
>> On 03/02/18 16:57, Steven A. Falco wrote:
>>> I have been using Kicad 4.0.7 successfully.  I just decided to give the upcoming 5 series a try, so I set up a Fedora VM and loaded the COPR 100:r11969.dc66b73-nightlies.fc27 build.
>>>
>>> Most everything I've tried works fine, but zone fill in pcbnew just appears to hang.  Running "top" doesn't show anything sucking up time - it just never completes.
>>>
>>> All that I get is a dialog box titled "Fill All Zones", with a message "Calculating zone fills...".  The Elapsed time counter shows 0:00:00, and the progress bar doesn't move.  If I click the Cancel button, it goes gray, but the box stays up.
>>>
>>> The same thing happens if I try to run a DRC - as soon as it tries to fill zones, it hangs.  This board behaves properly in 4.0.7.  I even tried deleting the zones and re-adding them but that has no effect.
>>>
>>> I've put the project, schematic, board file, etc up on dropbox in case anyone wants to take a look at it:
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lw7lhg7jyigvyi7/AAB0ALAWmYS2LmOlw7-spqP6a?dl=0
>>>
>>> I'll be happy to file a bug, but first I wanted to see if this is operator error or a known problem.
>>>

>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> You're using a build from 30 November 2017. Since then the freeze has
>> been fixed. Your board fills correctly on the latest nightly.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Thanks, but now I'm confused.  I downloaded from https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/%40kicad/kicad/fedora-27-x86_64/00708625-kicad/ which appears to be from 2018-Feb-03.
>
> Could you please point me to the correct place to download the current Fedora nightlies?

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I've been doing some digging, and I have some new information:

I tried the same project under windows using this nightly: http://downloads.kicad-pcb.org/windows/nightly/kicad-r9348.dc66b73a2-x86_64.exe

It reports its version as "(2018-02-02 revision dc66b73a2)-makepkg, release build", and the SHA1 of dc66b73a2 appears to match the tip of the source tree.

I get the same hang-up in windows when trying to fill all zones that I get in linux.

I'm tempted to conclude that this is a real problem.  Could someone please try loading the project I put on dropbox into their kicad and see if it is reproducible?  All you need to do is open the board file and hit 'b' to trigger a zone refill.

	Steve