Re: Stable branch update

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 02:14:41PM -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> On 2018-02-12 12:52 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> >Obviously I did not get the stable 5 branch created over the weekend.  I
> >was busy patch reviewing and merging.
> [snip]> I should be able to get v5 branched this weekend so going forward we
> >have a few bugs tagged for rc2 which I'm hoping take less than a month
> >to complete.
>
> Text rotation in pcbnew is another item that needs to be looked at (again).
> I provided a patch to allow R to rotate text to any multiple of 90 degrees.
> Since the patch was accepted in to the code base some other code change has
> limited the rotations of text to 0 or 90 degrees once again. Half the text
> on a PCB of mine is now upside down.
>
> I've been busy on a couple of projects so I haven't yet filed a bug report
> about this regression. I will file a report asap.

Hi Kevin,
since it seems to me that it is not the first time I see this kind of
regressions happen to KiCad, I wonder why this happens and also if there
is a way to avoid it, for example a more strict workflow to commit
patches or to do more atomic changes or to use more git rebase instead
of merge and so on ...

I am _not_ a developer so I might have said something incorrect or naïve
but I am curious and I cannot resist to ask ... sorry for the noise...

TIA

Best regards,

--

Marco Ciampa