Re: Packaging question

On 02/25/2018 07:25 PM, Rene Pöschl wrote:
On 25/02/18 23:29, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
Stephen,

I would say that you should pull from HEAD of each library.  This will
probably be acceptable up to the stable release.  At this point we will
have to tag each repo.  Are any of our library devs planning on doing
any major reorganization of the libraries between now and the stable
release?  If so, than we may want to tag the library repos for rc1.

Cheers,

Wayne

I asked a week or so ago if i should tag. Your response was that it is unnecessary. Otherwise i would have tagged the libs back then.
As i do not yet plan to ban major changes, i tagged the repos with "v5.0.0-rc1"

Rene,

I don't think there is a major issue here but tagging rc1 wont hurt anything. The main thing I am worried about is the stable release and that the library layout structure and the library names remain constant throughout the stable 5 release series unless the user specifically chooses to install newer libraries. Between now and the stable release, I do expect some changes to the libraries but we can tag as we go if we need to.

Cheers,