Re: [fun feature request] Create PCB from schematic with one click :)

I didn't mean to infer that the final location of a part would be
determined by the schematic, just the initial placement of parts in pcbnew
when the netlist is first read. Similar to the spread out all components
tool. A starting point.

I can also imagine a tool that would try to minimise the overall bounding
box of the selection, with maybe a specified minimum gap.

I think there exists plenty of scope for semi automatic processes to boost
designer productivity; dragging tracks attached to a component, grouping
tools, pin swapping. Single/differential track autorouting i.e select a net
or pair and auto route it and present multiple alternatives. Much like the
alternative routes in say Google maps.

And many more that are probably all ready thought of and have been made
into a script.