Re: Proposed roadmap changes

>From what I am reading John your call for acting on the files on disk
instead of memory is a call for a clear demarcation of actions that need to
be irrevocable and require the project data to be consistent.

In my opinion this doesn't necessarily require separate programs, just
consistent checks on the current state of the project and its data. A check
and dialog box to force the user to save the all schematic sheets before
exporting the netlist might be sufficient.

Likewise saving the pcb after changing say a selected footprint or changing
the reference or value of a component, would force a back annotation of the
schematic which would also be saved. A change would not be allowed to
persist without it being consistently applied across the project.