Re: Lib maintainers request help for reviewing installation script changes

What do you mean with “Xcode to build KiCad” (or, what do you want to do)?
Usually KiCad is built with clang from Xcode, so yes.

Xcode itself is only an IDE.
You definitely can use Xcode to edit source files or to debug KiCad built with usual cmake command line (just create an “empty" project which points to the binary).

I guess there is some way to tell Xcode to call an external builder (cmake) instead of managing building itself, but I never tried that.
You also could try to generate a Xcode project with cmake, but I also never tried that.

If you just want a free IDE the easy way, try QTCreator (due to its cmake support)...

Regards,
Bernhard