Re: Initial rc6 development.

On 05/18/2018 01:13 PM, Jeff Young wrote:
> I still think we should do the full canvas + toolset for 6.0…
>
> … or are we thinking we might port just the canvas change back to 5.0.1?

I think back porting the gtk3 fixes to v5 is going to become more
important pretty quickly.  Most linux distros are already shipping gtk3
builds of wx and I don't see them supporting gtk2 forever.  I don't want
to be in a place where we are spending time maintaining a gtk2 build
just so we can have a workable solution on linux.  In the end, we will
have to support gtk3 even without the rendering issues.  I'm not sure
these wont be more problematic than the rendering.