← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.1


Hey Orson,

On 10/19/2018 4:16 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 10/17/18 8:30 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Now that the Eeschema gal code has been merged into the development
>> branch and things seem reasonably stable, we need to start thinking
>> about the 5.1 release.  I would like to merge Thomas' python 3 code and
>> Orson's cairo print code as soon as they are ready to go so we can get
>> some additional testing.  Hopefully this will happen within the next
>> week or so.  After about a month of bug fixing and polishing, I would
>> like to tag rc1 around the Thanksgiving holiday.  The goal is to get 5.1
>> released before FOSDEM 2019.  It will give me more good news to talk
>> about during my presentation.
>> Cheers,
>> Wayne
> To keep you updated: there is still one thing to be fixed in the
> printing branch (bitmap scaling). I have already found the cause and I
> am working on a proper fix. I think it should be ready to merge next
> week, eeschema printing can come later.
> I am also tempted to merge a recent Zoltant's patch adding an option to
> control drill mark size. Let me know if that should wait for 6.0.

I would rather not add any new features other than the cairo printing
and the python 3 support.  I suspect dealing with the gtk3 issues will
keep us plenty busy.