← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.1


Dear Orson&All,

On Freitag, 19. Oktober 2018 10:16:24 CEST Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 10/17/18 8:30 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> > Now that the Eeschema gal code has been merged into the development
> > branch and things seem reasonably stable, we need to start thinking
> > about the 5.1 release.  I would like to merge Thomas' python 3 code and
> > Orson's cairo print code as soon as they are ready to go so we can get
> > some additional testing.  Hopefully this will happen within the next
> > week or so.  After about a month of bug fixing and polishing, I would
> > like to tag rc1 around the Thanksgiving holiday.  The goal is to get 5.1
> > released before FOSDEM 2019.  It will give me more good news to talk
> > about during my presentation.
> > 
> > Cheers,
> > 
> > Wayne
> To keep you updated: there is still one thing to be fixed in the
> printing branch (bitmap scaling). I have already found the cause and I
> am working on a proper fix. I think it should be ready to merge next
> week, eeschema printing can come later.
> I am also tempted to merge a recent Zoltant's patch adding an option to
> control drill mark size. Let me know if that should wait for 6.0.

I've already looked into rebasing the custom drill size patch on the top of 
your printing branch, and I'm ready to do that once that one is finalized (or 
even merged).
 I also figured that if the custom drill size implemented for direct printing, 
it would be beneficial to have the same functionality for plotting as well... 
So if 5.1 can wait for this, it's ok, but i think it's not that critical, so 
(IMO) it can also wait till 6.0. 

> Cheers,
> Orson

Zoltan Gyarmati