Re: RTree implementation

Am 2018-10-22 18:33, schrieb Seth Hillbrand:
Given that this would be a change _only_ for the 32-bit compiles, this
may be acceptable.  Also, I haven't seen any MSW reports of this
issue, so I'm inclined to limit the change to linux only.

An addendum here: We don't see this issue other than on Debian because most builds set the -DNDEBUG flag on release builds. Debian turns it off, which enables this assert.

However, the bug is only triggered when we also compile with -O2 or higher, which in our default CMake files, is only set with the -DNDEBUG flag.

Could one of our Windows devs with a 32-bit platform test this? You can do this by setting -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-O2" and -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

Then, open the demos/video folder and run pcbnew. Select the whole board and delete it. Then do a netlist import of the video.net file. This should trigger the assert if your system is susceptible to this bug. If it is, we'll want to add this flag to the windows 32 bit builds as well.

Thanks-
Seth